Why I love being self employed………..
My decision to become a self employed Consultant arose from compelling desires in me to choose the type of work I wanted to do with greater flexibility and financial reward while at the same time making a big difference to the people I serve.
To me, these desires can be summed up in one word – FREEDOM!
I love consulting and I love mentoring. I love my consulting business and I love my mentoring business because they give me freedom. AND I LOVE being able to teach and inspire other’s to do the same for themselves.
So, here are my top 13 reasons that I LOVE being self employed.
- I get to work on my terms
- I do the work I love
- I get to create
- I take more leave than I could in a salaried position without losing my income
- I am in control of my own pay rises
- I build my credibility by doing good work
- I am recognized as a leader in my field
- I am building financial resources for my family
- hmmmm, maybe I will go to the beach today, maybe a movie?
- I am not relying on someone else to meet my career aspirations
- I love setting my own professional development budget and choosing what I want to study
- I serve the people I can help the most
- I choose to support Compassion Australia directly out of my businesses. I love making a significant difference
Tell me what do you love about being self employed?
If you are not yet self employed, what do you want self employment to bring to you life?
I would love to hear from you, please leave a message in the box below!